Friday, February 13, 2009

Cloudy Conversations



Today

the clouds hang so low
so close to this earth
they look like chinese lanterns lit
by sunsets and sunrises
that shade the seas, hills
and paddy fields

I find myself wondering
if these clouds are whispering
archaic secrets
into the soil and water
and if they are,
what are they?

are they on their way to war
lending a hand in a divine
battle of the skies?

are they accumulating smokes
for pagan priests who comfort those
who seek answers from long gone
ancestors?

are they smoke signals
from war torn kingdoms?
a sort of morse codes for human gods
mouthing words like:

help stop us stop we stop tearing stop ourselves stop to stop pieces

full stop

1 poetic mutterings:

Hazlin said...

This is definitely one of my favourites :)

There's something about using elements of nature that always intrigues me. I find that nature always are fitting metaphors or are perfect subjects to voice out words that otherwise go unheard or unspoken.

I love this piece.