Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Have a Question


When you left me today
for another love of your life,
did you kill a part of yourself
and leave it behind?

Did you leave it in the gutter?
Did you lock it away in a mental freezer?
Did you slaughter it,
ditching the body in a remote field?
Did you let it rot when only hours ago
I am the only reason
you were still breathing?

If you did do all these things
then please tell me where it is now
so that I may retrieve the decaying corpse
and give it a respectful burial
and wave it a decent goodbye

just like how we planned it should be
before everything were torn asunder.

2 poetic mutterings:

Baronhawk said...

Dear Sheena,

Merry greeting to thee. May thy Ramadhan be bountiful. It's been a while. I've been happily tied up with work.

Just thought I'd drop by a comment, on this most beautiful collection of anguish-wrecked words. Arranged within such exquisite and pain-felt expressions. Tragedy seem to hold an undue attraction to me.

I know I might be a sadist but I take delight in such delightful bouquets of sadness. An echo perhaps of my own tortured soul. A mirror image to my unsettled mind.

My only caveat is that I hope that this is not an actual occurrence for thee, but just some simulacra of thy beautiful poetic articulation.

Either way, I wish thee well, may this blessed month grants the its fecund favours.

Till the fates would arrange another underground meet or just an encounter for us both, I bid thee farewell and the best in all and everything.

From the broken shores...

Hazlan.

Sheena Baharudin said...

Dearest Haz,

Thank you for your comment. Alas, it did happen but not recently. Instead, these words are merely a recollection of bygones and moments passed.

Hope to see you and the rest again one of these days. Ramadhan Mubarak to you too! :)