Friday, February 19, 2010

Nanette Lepore Fall 2010

Was going through the highlights of the recent NY Fashion Week when Nanette Lepore's Fall Collection gave me tremors. Gorgeous textures, gorgeous colours, not so gorgeous under nourished women but that is runway fashion for you. It is true, you look at the clothes/shoes/accessories rather than the curve(less) women, although in this case, the beauty details are exquisite. So, you add in "face" as well. Check out the two-tone lipstick, the glossy curls and romantic look. Everything about the show (except for my stance against fashion's unfortunate representation of beauty) was carefully designed to impress me, your average fashion-backward gal.

Anyway.... I found out that she was inspired by Renaissance paintings and decided to give it a modern take. To you Nanette, I nod in pleasurable approval.





0 poetic mutterings: