Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Libraries: Thou Art Indeed Glorious


Remember this?

Yes, not unlike the rest of those young blossoming nerds, I remember gasping at the sight of the library given to Belle by the Beast. (Bloody hell, I'd date him too if this is what my present is gonna be). So many books to read, so many ladders to push and climb, so much beauty to digest, so much much.

I'm much more ancient now but my love for libraries never really went away. Ask my college friends where I was most of the time, and they'll tell you I was either outside or at the library. Yup, it was my watering role. It was the place where many memories were shared and despised and forever treasured.

I even aspire to have my own mini library when I am old, or at least when I've settled down (can't see that happening anytime soon though). Not that I ask of much when it comes to Perpustakaan Peribadi Sheena. Just an ornate handmade spiral case and maybe a baroque influenced chandelier added to complete the look. That's all.

So, in the spirit of library love, allow me to share with you a couple of libraries that still manage to have me letting go that sudden yet familiar childish gasp all over again:


Trinity College Library in Dublin, Ireland

Real Gabinete Portugues De Leitura Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Library of the Benedictine Monastery of Admont, Austria

Biblioteca Geral University of Coimbra, Portugal

Biblioteca Angelica in Rome, Italy

Philosophical Hall in Strahov Library, Prague

1 poetic mutterings:

baronhawknest said...

I feel thee girl,
thou doth ave touched,
upon mine own fetish,
bookworms we are,
who wouldst glorify in all these.

Cheers,

The LAN.