Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rave: Guerlain Meteorites Pearls

Almost all of my beauty obsessions have their humble beginnings in a little hair salon in Teruntum Complex, Kuantan. This place, which we frequented every time one of us needed a haircut, was a sensory onslaught.

It smelled of hair products and our hairdresser Auntie Alice's strong 90s perfume. It sounded of laughter, advises, gossips and complaints of faceless men. It was a vision of bold makeups, even bolder hairstyles and comforting smiles that belonged to Aunt Alice and my mom as they attempted to follow images of beauty of that time. While I waited for either my turn or for my mom/sis to be done, I would do the one thing that would make the waiting tolerable i.e. reading Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle etc. etc.

It was here that I first saw the arresting poster of that distinctive bottle called Tocade by Rochas (with the usual scent strip attached on the page's side). It was here I was tickled by Comme Des Garçons EDP and Saloma Picasso's signature perfume. It was here that I marveled at how red Chanel's rouge lipstick can be. Or how sensual a glimpse of skin captured on print is... the list of pictorial memories is never ending.

Thus, it was not a surprise that it was in that small salon that I first laid my eyes on Guerlain's Meteorites Pearls. The look of it just took my fancy to flight. It was simply ethereal. And I wanted to make it mine.


I was only in primary school back then.

Fastforward almost 2 decades later, I can finally say that I own one now. Of course, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get one. But I'd say the waiting has made it so much sweeter. And considering that I've waited quite long, I added in one Guerlain Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer as well:



Oh, and do they work?

Like magic.

0 poetic mutterings: