Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ramadhan Mubarak!

Image courtesy of CNN.com


Welcome Dearest Ramadhan! With you, this humble lass will look forward to 30 days of:

  1. Fasting lah. Very healthy for your body, mind and soul. I kid you not.
  2. Battling the army of sleep at 4.30am every day. It's either sahur or hunger. Word.
  3. Not having to ask myself that question "What to eat ah?" 3 bloody times a day.
  4. Not having to worry about a gastric attack. Apparently, gastritis magically disappears the minute Ramadhan knocks on the door.
  5. Going to a Bazaar Ramadhan and feel all hunger disappear as there are SO MUCH food around.
  6. That first taste of ice cold Teh Bunga when you buka puasa. It's almost ecstasy.
  7. Aspiring to be the best person you can be. It's infectious.
  8. Watching women in their telekung walking in groups to the nearest masjid. Extra points for drama if there's wind.
  9. Attending Terawih prayers and feeling the best sense of calm.
  10. Not worrying about a hantu jumping from the nearest tree on your way back from Terawih.
  11. Knowing perfectly that if you're still behaving badly, the only anak setan to blame is you.
  12. Sales in every mall in Malaysia. I guess moderation does not apply to Raya preparation.
  13. Explosions of colours and scents of Jalan TAR. That place is like a Black Hole to me.
  14. Wishing for more Ramadhan songs or at least one of those haunting recitations of the Qur'an. 24/7 of Raya songs are simply irritating.
  15. Possible reruns of Jejak Rasul. Best ok!
  16. Chasing after the every mysterious Laylatul Qadr. It's all very Da Vinci Code-ish.


There are actually tons more but I'll keep the list moderate lah. Teehee. SELAMAT BERPUASA!

4 poetic mutterings:

urbanmonkdiaries said...

Wow! No one can explain it with such spirit, the way you do...brings back fond memories of my stay in KL. Thanqqq :-)

Ave Sheena, Ave Moi said...

Welcome! And where are you now? I am sure it is a lovely place :)

urbanmonkdiaries said...

Back in Bangalore. My annual leave is finished already lah! if i take any more, i will be bumped out of work:) I was in KL many years ago...my fav outing then, used to be to Cameron Highlands. am sure it is still as pretty even now.

Nur Ezzah said...

ye laa.. Pasal hantu tu, sangat the betul... tak payah hantu yang real jumping from tree, hantu2 I adopt dr filem yg menghantui I pn, I xrisau dh(penakut).. teehee... great entry..