Monday, April 25, 2011

Fave Poem of the Day



Just came back from a short weekend trip to Singapore and I honestly had mixed feelings about the country. There were sides of her that I found quaint and charming, and others that I found unnerving. But it seems that the feeling that haunted me the most was the fact that we both share the same history and yet, there's this dis-attachment that we couldn't shake out of our system. It's almost like seeing your lost twin sibling after 20 years and realizing that we don't know anything about one another. Sad, I know.

Ah well, guess I will have to return and get to know the very impressive little rogue nation a little better next time. In the meantime, today's fave poem is dedicated to her.


Rewind
By Loh Guan Liang


…away footsteps those
carry to lift the for waiting
button the presses
then, pauses finger index An.
corridor the beyond vanishing
before smaller, smaller
getting see we all is back
His. know not do We? Whose
– by longingly look or goodbye
say to whether knowing not,
midway stop that tears:
behind softly shuts door the
as departing feet
of shot up-close A…

Stop. Play it again.


0 poetic mutterings: