Sunday, May 01, 2011

If It Was Up To Me...

I am reaching the end of my research on Chengdu. I should go to sleep. My family and I will be going to the Sichuan region for a week and I was given the task to plan the trip. Daunting, considering that my previous escapades were of a budget (backpacker) nature. If I was given free reign, our trip would probably extend to more than a week (2 weeks minimum? *bliss*) and my family will find themselves:

Waving hello & goodbye at the rotund pandas

Smell in the air of city life in Kunming. Make that a night. No more than that, no can do.

Grinning in Dali

Join the rest of the happy tourists visiting the ancient town of Lijiang

Before finding themselves in Shangri La (aka Zhong Dian)


But of course, after that, they would probably leave me beside the road and disown me if I was to tell them to take the exact same route back to civilisation. So as an anak mithali, I have decided to spare my parents the backaches and headaches of long distance travelling by sticking with Chengdu for now. But of course, they don't know that they MIGHT just find themselves in:


Tagong Grassland

Kangding


We will see how lah. So yeah, China, here we come!


2 poetic mutterings:

Han said...

Make sure to visit the Linden Gallery in Yunnan if you get a chance.

http://www.lindensgallery.com/index.php

Tawnysha Greene said...

What amazing pictures!